Pool Filter Cleaning Services
Save time and money by having us schedule your pool filter cleaning service throughout the season. Keeping a clean filter is healthy for you and your pool.
CLEANING SWIMMING POOL FILTERS
Chances are you have a cartridge or DE pool filter. 98% of residential swimming pools DE (diatomaceous earth) or Cartridge Filters.
To keep everyone’s job easier, and to keep you healthy cleaning the filter is one of the most important things you can do to maintain your swimming pool.
A few of the most apparent benefits from staying on top of cleaning pool filters:
- Lower your monthly electrical bill
- Healthier, cleaner pool water
- Prolong your pool filters life
- Extend the life on your pump motor
Pool Filter Cleaning Recommendations
Manufactures of swimming pool filters recommend to clean them about every 3 to 6 months. More specifically:
- DE Pool Filters should be manually cleaned at least once per year.
- Cartridge pool filters should be manually cleaned at least every 4 months.
The pressure gauge at the top of the pool filter can indicate if the pressure is getting to high. If the pressure of the filter is within the warning zone you may need to clean the pool filter sooner than the recommended frequency.
Signs that you need to clean your pool filter
WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH OUR POOL FILTER CLEANING SERVICE
We provide a comprehensive pool filter cleaning service that includes a full breakdown, cleaning, and inspection while we’re at it.
- A full disassemble of the pool filter.
- Cleaning the inside of the filter tank.
- Using an approved pool filter treatment solution.
- Lubricating the multip-port valve if it is a push, pull, or slide.
- Resealing the tank, tank o-ring, and check pressure gauge.
- Re-charging the filter with DE (if applicable).
- Testing for proper filtration, reset the cleaning schedule.
FAQs about pool filter cleaning
It depends on the type of filter you have, for example, a cartridge pool filter, DE pool filter, or a sand pool filter. Cleaning intervals for all 3 are as follows:
- Cartridge: Every 4 months
- DE: Every 12 months, Backwash every 30 days
- Sand: Every 5 years, Backwash every 30 days
The best way to clean a pool filter is with a jet nozzle water hose with a decent amount of pressure. Do NOT use a pressure washer. You may also add vinegar to water in s spray bottle to help break down oils and other residue.
The average cost to hire a pool filter cleaning service is between $90 to $120 depending on the type of pool filter and the condition of the filter.
Swimming pool filters last a long time, on average 10 to 15 years. Sometimes filters will break. The internal parts of a pool filter generally last for about 5 years under normal conditions.
The latest tips for pool maintenance
Get a copy of our Pool Care 101 Guide, and call us when you need help.